At the federal and local level in Kyrgyzstan and CIS (former USSR), our people understand the legislative and regulatory process very well. In addition to our team’s over 12 years of experience, we maintain partnerships with local regulatory specialists: HSE Officers, Engineers, Environmental Professionals and Regulatory Advisors. Combined, this enables our projects to have better results in RF Regulatory and Permit areas.
Kyrgyzstan is unquestionably a heavily regulated and complex environment in which to do business. We advise on national public law in all sectors where government regulation affects the business of our clients, including oil and gas, construction, foreign trade, the environment, telecommunications, trade in regulated products, and antimonopoly rules and regulations.
Key Regulatory Services include:
• advice on applicability of codes and regulations for each phase of the project
• review local equivalents of ASTM, OSHA, and other quality and safety standards
• advice on public licensing procedures for regulated activities
• advice on import-export issues and licensing
• risk management reviews to ensure compliance with applicable legislation
• advice on public affairs issues
• advice on restrictions on foreign ownership, including oil and gas exploration, heavy industry, construction, and other regulated industry sectors
Our clients vary from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies. We remain committed to maintaining regional practices around Kyrgyzstan and CIS countries where we already do great work for longstanding clients. This gives us an understanding of middle market clients and insight into the issues facing both large clients and those seeking to establish a foothold.
Our legal services focus on a number of core areas: Regulatory and Government Affairs, Real Estate, Corporate and Finance, Employment, Franchise and Distribution, and Tax. Our business is also organized along client sectors, including Construction, Energy, Financial Services, Hospitality and Leisure, Life Sciences, Infrastructure and Defense, Insurance, Shipping and Transportation. We are also especially strong in the Construction, Petroleum, and Environment Protection sectors.